Sunday, April 17, 2011

Time to Insulate - First layer

Now that I have updated the blog, I can post about what David and I have been working on this past week - installing insulation in the first floor walls. As the first layer we are using extruded polystyrene insulation. As you can see in the photos, I worked on measuring each bay and cutting each sheet to the desired size. 


As each sheet was cut, David secured them into position with foam around the edges to close in each bay completely. This is a time consuming job which is taking a few days for one floor but once it is finished the walls will have added strength and the house will be well insulated in the winter. 


Once this first layer of insulation is completed we plan to begin running the wiring throughout the house. The second layer of insulation will be installed later. In the meantime, I think we have enough to keep us busy!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...