Friday, September 9, 2011

Finishing the House Wrap - All the Way Up!

Several posts ago I mentioned how we needed to get the house wrap on the house completed up to the roof. With the sloped position of our land, some areas around the house are very high from the ground to the roof. At the beginning of these efforts, David and I were going to have to do this work alone. We couldn't seem to find any help since the builders we know were all busy themselves with other projects. So, my hubby gave it some thought and built this huge ladder for us to use. We managed to get it vertical with just the two of us, by pulling it up by a rope through the window.  This was one of those times which truly strengthens a missionary wife's prayer life. I was praying since I was pretty sure positive I didn't have the strength to help my husband move this huge ladder all the way around the house! Within a few minutes of our raising the ladder it began raining which meant that we couldn't work any longer that day (answer to prayer). It rained the next day as well (answer to prayer). By the third day, David was able to get some young men who work for a friend of ours to do the job! YES! (Prayer completely answered!) I was very happy to say the least! After several days of them working, talking about how scary it was to have to climb up the scaffolding all the way to the top and saying how they didn't have the strength to move that ladder anymore, I was really rejoicing.


THE Ladder!


Praise the Lord, every day the guys worked on the house wrap we had beautiful sunny weather. So, since they were busy doing this job, David and I were able to get some other work done inside the house and in the garden.
A smaller ladder the guys were able to put on top of the scaffolding




Now that the house wrap is on we can go forward with the insulation and drywall on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...